Posted by: Public Affairs
Mayor Richard Hildreth (pictured front-left), of Pacific, Wash., assists his team of emergency responders transport a simulated survivor through the initial stage of decontamination during an exercise. A local Mayor, Hildreth attended training at the Center for Domestic Preparedness and brought the lessons learned back to his community.
Our Center for Domestic Preparedness (CDP) offers some of the most specialized training for emergency responders, including those in the public health, emergency management, law enforcement, public works, and fire service arenas.
We’ve written on this blog before, highlighting the value of the in-depth training that CDP offers, but we wanted to specifically call out a few recent stories that have appear in local press outlets across the country:
- The Magic Valley Times-News (Twin Falls, Idaho) discusses the take-a-ways of local medical center staff after attending CDP training.
- The Jacksonville Daily News (Jacksonville, North Carolina) underscores the lessons learned by several members of the Carteret County Health Department.
- The Maplewood Patch (Newark, New Jersey) draws attention to a resident who takes on an active role in preparing his community for disasters, including taking CDP training.
Read more on our blog about CDP training:
- Mayors and First Responder Training
- In Photos: Training for a Mass Casualty Event
- A Very Real Payoff for Preparedness Training